Hottest ’Hoods in North Texas: Housing market broken down by values, sales and more
Posted On 10:06 pm
It’s probably not a shocker for folks with even a passing familiarity with the North Texas residential landscape to learn that Highland Park has the most expensive median home values in the area. The median in HP’s 75205 ZIP code clocked in at $1,355,700 as of Aug. 30, according to Zillow Group Inc.
What might be surprising, however, is that the Highland Park median home value rose just 4 percent year over year.
Highland Park’s high median was followed by the University Park ZIP code of 75225, where the median home value was $1,276,800 — also a 4 percent increase.
The North Dallas ZIP 75230 had a median value of $734,700, up 1 percent from a year ago. And Southlake’s 76092 ZIP rose just 2 percent in the past year, to $672,200.
The overall trend: Home prices continue to rise in most DFW neighborhoods, although they aren’t rising at the rate they were a year ago. North Texas home prices are up only about 3 percent so far in 2019 — markedly short of the double-digit percentage price increases sellers were enjoying a couple of years ago. In DFW’s 30 most expensive neighborhoods, the percentage change ranged from 8 percent higher to 2 percent lower than they were a year ago.
Rounding out the top 10 DFW-area neighborhoods with the highest median home values, and their percentage year-over-year increase or decrease, are the following ZIP codes:
- 75254 in Far North Dallas, with a $642,300 median, up 8 percent year over year.
- 75209 in the Bluffview/Greenway Parks part of Dallas, with a $638,900 median home value, down 1 percent year over year.
- 75201, which includes parts of Uptown/downtown Dallas, with a $545,600 median, up 1 percent.
- 75214 in the Lakewood area of Dallas, $525,600 median, up 5 percent.
- 76034 in Colleyville, $516,900 median, up 2 percent.
- 75219, which includes parts of Turtle Creek and Oak Lawn in Dallas, with a $503,300 median home value, up 7 percent year over year.
Source – Bizjournals.com
Search For Homes In Dallas Texas
Ready to search for a home in Dallas Texas? Contact me today by calling (972) 523-1389 or click here to connect with us online.